Well, are you looking for the best wireless lapel microphone system? Generally, there are several factors that you should try to consider to come up with the right selection. Lavalier microphones are becoming so popular, and manufacturers are developing dozens of them. If you don’t have enough information on how to choose a reliable lavalier microphone, you might end up choosing the wrong microphone, and this can cost you a lot of money and also waste your valuable time.
This kind of wireless mics can be used by public speakers, singers, worship leaders, and stage actors. They come with a small clip that can be easily attached to your shirt, jacket or any other clothing and then connected to a bodypack transmitter that sends the signal to a receiver. If you are looking for a lapel Mic to use at quite occasions such as lecture halls, we recommend you to go for Omnidirectional lavalier /lapel Mics; they work so well. For noisier events or environments, consider having directional mics. Most Lav mics always come in a black color, which is very perfect for a theatrical performance.
Their design is so unique; all mics include a clip that can be attached to the collar and a special wide range mic that records all tour sound patterns more accurately, even when you are not directly speaking into it.
Table of Contents
- How a Lapel Microphone Works and Where To Use It
- What’s In A System?
- What To Consider When Buying Wireless Lapel Microphones
- Best Wireless Lapel Microphone Systems Available In The Market
- 1) GTD Audio G-622L UHF 200 Channel Professional Wireless Microphone System
- 2) Shure BLX1288/CVL/630 Dual Channel Combo Wireless System
- 3) PylePro PDWM3400 Premier Series UHF Microphone System
- 4) GTD Audio G787L UHF Diversity Wireless Microphone Lapel Lavaliere Mic
- Related Posts
How a Lapel Microphone Works and Where To Use It
Lapel Mics can be used to capture sounds at public speaking engagements like interviews and conferences. They work so well in this kind of scenarios, having a lapel mic at interview will help you to record a conversation with ease without having any interruptions.
1) On-stage Speaking
Lavalier mics have borrowed their word from a popular necklace known as Lavaliere. Most Lavalier mics can be worn as necklaces, but sometimes they lead to uneven sounds. The best way to use Lapel mics is to clip them underneath your clothes so that they can have a steady stream of sound. The transmitter can be worn as a necklace and will not affect the sound quality at all.
2) Singing Performance
When it comes to professional singing Lapel mics must place so close to the mouth and more consistent than on a cloth or shirt clip. For the best result and sound capture, the lapel mic can be put around the face area, e.g., on the singer’s hair or by the ear using the headworn wireless lav mic. These places are well hidden and most mics are so small to be noticed by anyone. When looking for Microphone to use in a classroom, office or church and choir, don’t bother so much considering the invisibility of the Mic. Just find a reliable mic that can pick up the sound sources clearly and transmit it omnidirectionally or bidirectionally for everyone to hear. They are very sensitive to sound, always remember to remove your mic while having private meetings and conversations; a lapel mic will capture even the smallest whisper that you make.
What’s In A System?
Wireless systems typically come with three essential components.
- A Transmitter – The transmitter can be built on the mic or housed at a separate body pack.
- A microphone – mics can be clipped on clothes or worn around the head (headworn).
- A Receiver – The receiver is plugged into a PA system.
The receiver and the transmitter should have matching frequencies. They both refer to each other and communicate wirelessly, configuring your mic with the wrong transmitter and receiver will cause you all type of troubles since the system will not be able to correspond with factory settings. Lavalier mics always come with a set of box and devices that are configured for every recording purpose, if need to adjust your system, make sure you keep your manual to use it when rectifying or adjusting frequencies to the required settings.
What To Consider When Buying Wireless Lapel Microphones
1) Pickup Patterns
Wireless Lavalier Mics includes; super-cardioid, omnidirectional, and cardioid. One of the biggest challenges of using these Mics is that they don’t easily maintain consistency on sounds, frequently reduce the sound quality levels, producing uneven recording quality. The polar pattern of the Mic defines how well the mic hears sound from different directions.
2) Cardioid Lavalier VS Omnidirectional Microphone
Omnidirectional Mics have a spherical pickup pattern and are good for general use. When using an Omnidirectional mic, you don’t have to to be aware of picking unwanted sounds necessarily. This mic has an inbuilt system that systematically takes care of that, and you don’t have to worry feedback at all. An omnidirectional mic has a fairly wider pickup pattern and delivers more natural openness due to the perceived low ratio of short distance sounds. The ME 2 is a good example to use, it is very powerful and can be used to record sounds of a person who has a lot of head movements’ e.g. actors of a play or singers who sing and dance on stage.
On the other hand, Cardioid mics have a narrower pick up pattern, and they deliver an up-close sound. Their angular orientation is responsible for the up-close sound that makes them sound dry. Cardioid mics are generally good for situations that require one to reject or cut off external sounds from the rear of the Mic. A good example that you can use is the ME 4 that is used to record speeches of a person with very little head movements.
3) Your Budget
One of the greatest advantages of Lavalier mics have is that they are so cheap and affordable. If you want to get multiple sets of these mics, you can order a full package that is cheaper than buying multiple single mics. Most Lavalier mics don’t have a wide price range, but higher models are available at a significant price. The higher the price, the better the quality and because of this, we recommend going for highly priced models, but if you are on a tight budget, just go for the cheap models. But, you will need a bigger budget if you want to purchase the whole wireless lavalier / lapel microphone system that comes with wireless lav mic, transmitter and receiver sets.
Best Wireless Lapel Microphone Systems Available In The Market
Whether you are in public speaking, theater, television or singing, having a Lavalier Mic is so important. Its wireless system is designed to give the user the flexibility of being hands-free by incorporating Pro audio components that support wireless systems. A Professional Wireless Lavalier Mic includes a transmitter, receiver, and wireless lav Mic.
1) GTD Audio G-622L UHF 200 Channel Professional Wireless Microphone System
The GTD Audio G 622L UHF 200 Channel Professional Wireless Microphone System delivers very superior sound qualities and professional features. This mic is designed to be used on a wide range of applications. Its 100 selectable channels and frequency scanner enables it to become a very powerful system that can be used on so many occasions that require professional recording. This wireless mics system can support up to 30 microphones and 15 receivers without any of the device having to interfere with each other.
Some of it unique features include;
- Comes with automatic frequency scanning that finds and set the best available channel.
- An adjustable Gain control that changes the mic sensitivity.
- An automatic transmitter that easily synchronizes with the receiver.
- More than 100 selectable frequencies that can be used with up to 20 units.
- Range of up to 200 meters (600 feet) with a frequency of UHF 610 to 680MHZ
2) Shure BLX1288/CVL/630 Dual Channel Combo Wireless System
The Shure BLX1288 / CVL Dual Channel Wireless System combines professional quality sounds with simple-setup and an intuitive interface that brings the legendary audio performance. It’s a very powerful system and is available in quite a wide variety of configurations.
- The system comes with a 91 meters ( 300 feet) operating range.
- An adjustable gain control.
- Quick and easy frequency matching.
- Power & battery status LED.
3) PylePro PDWM3400 Premier Series UHF Microphone System
The PylePro PDWM3400 Premier Series UHF Microphone System provides a unique performance. Its system comes with two bodypack transmitters, two Lavalier mics, and two headsets. The mic can be used for work or play, its easy setup and easy to use features allows one to experience a unique, high-quality audio experience.
- Comes with an operational range of up to 164 feet
- Includes an audio level indicator.
- Has more than 8 channels to choose from RF Frequency Range: 673-697.975 MHz, RF Frequency Range: 673-697.975 MHz.
- Channel display and lead power indicator.
4) GTD Audio G787L UHF Diversity Wireless Microphone Lapel Lavaliere Mic
- Comes with an automatic transmitter setup that easily synchronizes with the receiver.
- Includes automatic frequency scanning that finds the best available channels.
- About 800 selectable frequencies for each channel. This means that multiple units can be used together in the same time.
- A frequency range of UHF 610 – 680MHz.