If you are going to buy a microphone, you would surely need a microphone stand; Microphone stand allows the mic to be placed in proper position in studio or on stage without needing a person to hold it. Mic stands, however, come in various forms such as straight stand with various versions such as those of desk stands, heavy-duty microphone stands, and the folding tripod base stands.
There are also accessories that make stands more useful, and the most important of these accessories is the microphone suspension boom arms. The boom arm usually attaches to the stand to allow the microphone to be moved horizontally so that it will be closer to the user.
Table of Contents
- Recommended Mic Suspension Boom Arms
- 1) RODE PSA1
- 2) NEEWER Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand
- 3) InnoGear Microphone Scissor Arm
- 4) Neewer NB-35 Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand
- 5) Eastshining's Upgraded Adjustable Microphone Boom Scissor Arm Stand
- 5) AOREAL Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand
- 6) K&M 23850 Microphone Desk Arm
- 7) Tonor Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand
- Related Posts
Recommended Mic Suspension Boom Arms
Below are the most popular microphone suspension boom arms:
1) RODE PSA1
A Velcro cable together with a desk clamps usually is in the RODE PSA’s package. It also has desk inserts attachments for easy and convenient mounting. Moreover, it also has a wide clamp and can easily be mounted on different flat surfaces. However, the PSM1 shock mount is usually separately sold.
2) NEEWER Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand
3) InnoGear Microphone Scissor Arm
The InnoGear Microphone Scissor Arm Stand is a heavy-duty arm stand made of super-strong steel with strong spring accompanied by an extra positioning screw. It is so compact and is designed for heavy-duty usage. Its maximum load is 1.5 kg. It is characterized by a foldable armband with arms that are adjustable allowing you to easily carry it around, and position it on a suitable angle. It also has an anti-scratch pad with a broader mouth of up to 2.6″ and can comfortably fit most desktop. Its microphone clip is around 1.1 inches. This adjustable scissor arm stand is appropriate for broadcasting, studios, stages, family use, and for use in TV stations. Furthermore, its kit includes the desk mounting, microphone scissor arm stand, and microphone clip.
4) Neewer NB-35 Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand
5) Eastshining's Upgraded Adjustable Microphone Boom Scissor Arm Stand
5) AOREAL Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand
6) K&M 23850 Microphone Desk Arm
7) Tonor Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stand
This stand is characterized by a flexible arm that is easily adjustable. It is very portable and has a dual suspension system. This suspension system precludes the mic from falling inadvertently. This stand is surely of high-quality and is perfectly designed for its purpose. It has a metal body which can be easily attached to any surface with a maximum thickness of 1.9 inches. Moreover, this stand is easily adjustable to any type of angles, and it is truly lightweight. Lastly, this stand can be very useful for stores, stages, and studio recording.